ARTICLE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES for ARTICLES & PHOTOS: FORMATS, RATES, DEADLINES
The eco-LOCAL Living magazine serves the upper Hudosn Valley region of New York State, including the Capital District cites of Albany, Schenectady and Troy, all of Saratoga County, southern Washington County, and the southern Adirondack region of Glens Falls and Lake George.
Article subjects should pertain to the people, places and happenings in the region that promote the values of a local living economy. Writers should become familiar with the magazine and can do so by requesting a sample copy. Please send an address label and a check for $3.00 to cover postage.
LENGTH OF ARTICLES: The suggested length (minus title, byline, blurbs, and photo captions): 500+/- words to a maximum of 2,000.
FORMAT: Electronic formats preferred:
- Email: The document in an attachment in Microsoft Word or text format
- Email: The document pasted to the body of the message
IDENTIFICATION: On the document, please include a header that identifies the:
- Author's name
- Contact information (address, telephone, fax and email if applicable)
- Title of document
- Auxiliary information, such as photo captions or illustrations.
FACT CHECKING: To avoid inaccuracies, please review all information, especially:
- Details that are time-sensitive--please verify dates
- If interviewing individuals, verify the spelling of all names and locations mentioned
The Eco-local editorial staff reserves the right to modify copy and edit it for the following reasons: Spelling, typographical, grammatical, and factual errors; elimination and reduction of duplicated information and redundancies; clarity and conciseness; uniform style; length.
We are dedicated to promoting the cultural and economical well-being of this vast and diverse region. If your copy is newsworthy and can be used to attract visitors to our region and to invite residents to explore and share our resources, and if it corresponds with thematic issues, we are more than pleased to accommodate your requests.
RATES & FORMATS: Only original articles and photos that are accepted for publication will receive compensation. Please provide an INVOICE with your name, and mailing address for articles and photo submissions. The invoice should specify:
- The description or type of submission and title.
- The issue in which the work appeared.
- If billing for more than one item, give a breakdown of work done.
ELL pays $.10 per published word. Payment is made 30 days following publication of the article.
PHOTO SUBMISSIONS: We prefer photos to accompany articles. Please provide appropriate captions and credits for each photo.
- Name of photographer and contact information and where the photo was taken (identify view, locale, and/or nearest landmark).
DEADLINES FOR COPY AND PHOTOGRAPHS:
- The 20th day of the month prior to the published month's issue. Please honor deadlines to avoid omission.
Last Updated (Friday, 25 February 2011 13:45)